The 6-step Process to Implementation of ERP system. Learn how to choose the best ERP and the right implementation partner. Also, take a Free Consultation!
If you are looking to implement an ERP system into your business, you will need to go through a six-step process. This process is essential in ensuring that the implementation goes smoothly and that your business gets the most out of the new ERP system. In this blog post, we will discuss each step in detail so that you have a clear understanding of what needs to be done. Let’s get started!
1) Define Your Business Needs & Implementation Scope
The first step is to evaluate your business and its needs. This evaluation will help you in selecting ERP system that suits your company. You will need to consider things like the size of your company, your budget, and the specific needs of your business. Once you have a good understanding of your needs, you can move on to the next step.
Here are some tips that will help to analyze your business needs while doing implementation of ERP
- Speaking with your stakeholders about their vision and goals is the best method to understand your business goals.
- You can also speak to your complete crew about the difficulties they have in carrying out their everyday tasks.
- While speaking with employees, businesses can build a list of difficulties and set goals while speaking with stakeholders.
- You can prioritize the parts that require immediate attention once you have an overview of the goals and challenges.
- Before deciding on a technology or a vendor with which to form a partnership, ensure that you have clearly articulated all of your objectives in the preceding section.
Here are some tips that will help to analyze your implementation scope during the implementation of ERP
a) Outlining the Project’s Goals:
The team should devote all of its efforts to establishing an outline of the project’s objectives and benefits that the ultimate product will provide to your firm. Include the steps that will be taken to obtain those benefits. Make extensive use of brainstorming. Inquire about prospective obstacles, which sections of your organization must be touched, and so on.
b) Define Roles and Assign Teams:
Simplifying the entire process can make it simpler and more efficient. Approach a trustworthy partner for ERP setup. Before going, encourage your partner to provide important suggestions for an alternative to achieving the goals you are working for.
We as Microsoft Dynamics 365 Partners consult our clients through the entire ERP implementation roadmap.
c) Risk Prediction:
Before deciding on a technology or a vendor with which to form a partnership, ensure that you have clearly articulated all of your objectives in the preceding section.
2) Finalize the ERP Features Specific to Your Business and Industries during the Implementation of ERP
There are many ways ERP systems can assist your business. Moreover, it helps businesses streamline their operations, improve customer relations, and make better decisions. Whether you are from the retail industry, manufacturing industry, or any industry you must choose the features that are specific to your business. A good industry-specific ERP option is Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central ERP.
You must seek the following features in your ERP:
- First, it should help you in managing finances and operations. This includes reconciling bank statements, preparing and managing invoices and payments, recording journal entries, tracking inventory levels and costs, generating financial reports, etc.
- Second, it should help streamline and automate key business processes. For example, by integrating with third-party plugins it should manage customer communications, including emails, meeting requests, phone calls, and tasks.
Mistakes are eliminated by automating processes related to quoting, order management, and potential invoicing, and businesses can improve their efficiency.
Here are 8 Primary Features that Every Business Searches For
- A cloud-based platform with an on-premise option.
- Financial management module.
- Must help to deliver a great customer experience.
- On-the-go Mobility Feature.
- Convenient and Cost-effective Customizations.
- It must Prioritize Security.
- Your ERP must Support Superior Integrations.
- ERP should Offer Automatic Upgrades.
3) Develop a Project Plan & Select the Right Vendor During the Implementation of ERP
The next step is to select the right ERP system for your business. There are many different ERP systems on the market, so it is important that you take the time to find one that will fit well with your company. You should consider things like ease of use, features, and price when making your decision.
To select the right ERP vendor these are the 5 evaluation questions that you must follow:
- How long has the vendor company been in business?
- What experience do they have in my industry?
- Are they the developers of the product, or resellers?
- How does their pricing and billing model work?
- What deployment and hosting options do they provide?
Once you have selected an ERP system, you can move on to the next step. After that, It is critical to developing a project plan highlighting all important features.
Your Project Plan Strategy Must Include:
- Previously specified objectives
- Well-defined objectives, as well as duties
- Training processes that have been planned. (Begin at least a few months before going live.)
- All team members have individual responsibilities.
- A to-do list for each team member.
- Case studies for your partner in development.
- A checklist for performing point-by-point functional testing.
- Case studies of final testing outcomes.
Wish to Get Customized ERP Implementation Services Today?
4) Configure a System that will Meet Your Business Specific Needs
The further step is to install and configure the ERP system. This process can be complex, so it is important that you have a professional help you with it. Once the system is installed, you will need to configure it to meet your specific needs. This process can take some time, but it is essential in ensuring that the system works properly. For this reason, you must follow the following steps:
a) Create an Immediate yet Achievable Schedule:
Maintain schedule flexibility. Allow for modifications as necessary and keep up to current on the system’s progress. After that Divide your project into phases and assign a completion date to each step.
b) Make a Communication Strategy:
Regular meetings from the start will be really beneficial. Keep an eye on the ERP implementation process and its progress. If possible, using a few mid-way demos can help you determine if everything is going as planned. After that, it is preferable to communicate with the same people/team every time to minimize as much misunderstanding as possible.
c) Test your developed modules:
Analyze what the existing ERP solution offers and what adjustments you will need to make it meet the needs of your firm. Go with technical examination and evaluation of the developed module. After that, go for a user-friendly test and seek user feedback.
Everyone’s ERP implementation process is unique. It differs from one buyer to the next. It is critical to identify the precise modules required by your organization.
5) Migrate Your Data and Train Employees
The next step is to train your employees on how to use the ERP system and transfer the data. Transfer your current business data to the newly created ERP. It comprises supplier/customer information, product/employee information, and account history. Try to transfer data to one department at a time.
After that, it is important that your employees become involved with the ERP from the start.
This training is essential in ensuring that they are able to use the system properly and get the most out of it. We as Microsoft Dynamics Implementation Partners help our ERP clients with migration, implementation, and post-implementation training.
The Training Should Cover Following Things
- How to enter data into the system,
- After that, How to run reports.
- Above all, How to troubleshoot any problems that they may encounter.
Motivate your employees by telling them about the advantages of the new system. Moreover, you can Prepare instructional videos during the testing session. Above all, organize short-term training programs for your employees.
6) Ongoing Support and Maintenance
The final step is to arrange ongoing dynamics 365 support. This process includes things like monitoring the system for errors, providing updates and patches, and troubleshooting any problems that arise. It is important to have someone who is knowledgeable about the ERP system on hand so that they can provide this support. Discuss support facilities with your development partner to ensure ROI in your business from the transformation.
Assess the Progress of Your Implementation of ERP System and begin with simple queries such as:
- Has your company’s progress improved?
- Did you complete the ERP implementation on time and within budget?
- Have you recouped any of the money you spent establishing your ERP?
- Is there a noticeable reduction in the number of errors made earlier, and are you now experiencing accuracy and efficiency?
- Is the implemented ERP up to your standards?
- Are your customers pleased with the enhanced system performance?
Your Best Partner for the Implementation of ERP System
Web Master LLC has served hundreds of major and mid-sized businesses, as well as multinational organizations, all around the world. Our bespoke solutions, like Dynamics 365, enable businesses to maintain productive operations by expanding decision-making capabilities with business intelligence tools. Our tailored solutions will allow your company to expand and flourish at a rapid speed thanks to a service-oriented architecture that will nearly exactly match your company’s procedures in the following sections:
- Management of the Supply Chain
- Retail & Hospitality
- Wholesale Retail Management
We provide you with the techniques, tools, and resources that are needed for doing Implementation of an ERP System. Our main aim is to keep expenses low, and through enhancing efficiency, we enable enterprises to make system changes as needed.
Implementation of an ERP System is a difficult and time-consuming procedure. However, if you follow these six steps, you will be well on your way to successfully implementing an ERP system into your business. Keep in mind that with a well-planned strategy and framework, every organization can see tremendous gains in its processes with the deployment of an ERP system. Along with that, it is important to be patient and work with a professional if you need help. However, it is always best to consult an expert before doing Implementation of an ERP System.
Wish to Consult Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP Experts?